11 June 2007

Screech! The presses have officially halted!


I can't contain myself in my excitement. I just may very well pee myself. And because my husband, as darling as he is, was not properly ecstatic about the news, I had to come share it with you all.
Tim Burton is directing a film version of Sweeney Todd. Yes, that's right, folks, the musical by Stephen Sondheim. I happen to love Sondheim, and Sweeney Todd was my first exposure to him, so I have a special place in my hard for the murderous butcher. In fact, I can't hear the word "thicker" without singing "more like vicar." I did one paper on Sondheim and another paper on Sweeney Todd in college (I loved being a music major!), so I'm ready! To top it all off (I may have to jump around the room a bit), it will star Johnny Depp, my favorite actor. I think I'm going to cry. Johnny Depp, under the direction of Tim Burton, will be going around singing about murders to the lyrics and music of Stephen Sondheim. Can you see why I'm excited? I realize that this news it a bit old hat, but since I'm not so good about keeping up with the latest Hollywood releases, this is as good as it gets. Alas, it looks like I have to wait until January to see it. That's a whole lotta crossed legs.
Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.
He served a dark and a vengeful god.
What happened then, well that's the play,
And he wouldn't want us to give it away.
Not Sweeney,
Not Sweeney Todd, The demon barber of Fleet Street.

3 comments:

willowtree said...

Hmmm, I just can't imagine why your dear husband wasn't ecstatic at this news....

Elaina M. Avalos said...

I can't imagine either. But I'm excited for you being excited. Just don't pee yourself, my dear.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Very exciting!!