21 October 2007

The High Calling

“I don’t deserve to be treated like this,” the patient yelled at me.
Neither did I.
“If the doctor is running late, I should be called.
Don’t you know that I have better things to do with my time?”
Didn’t he know that I had better things to do with mine?
These days, liberal arts degrees are used more often to answer phones than to wax Shakespearean. Many find contentment and meaning in their job is a rare thing indeed. In fact, Paul describes contentment as a secret, something not everyone comes by.

Today, I have an article up at The High Calling, an ezine dedicated to encourage believers to see their work as valued by God and as glorifying to God. You can read the rest of the article, "God's Secret to Contentment at Work," here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recently over here, a lawyer who was kept waiting by a doctor actually billed him for his time! Gotta love those lawyers!

Marcus Goodyear said...

Thanks for posting the link, Heather! You're awesome.