22 October 2007

Mentor Monday

Today I'm going to tell you about a woman I've never met but have long admired. I don't know much of her ministry, but what I do know challenges me daily.
She had nothing.
She was a widow, poor. But she loved God and determined to give Him everything.
The money she gave was neglatory compared to what the wealthy and businesses give just to get their tax write-offs. But she gave it all, and her motives were pure.
Not many noticed her. Her life was quiet, nondescript even. But it's a beautiful example of the poor ministering for Christ.
What she did makes me rethink our vacation and HDTV savings.

21:1 Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box. 21:2 He also saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. 21:3 He said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. 21:4 For they all offered their gifts out of their wealth. But she, out of her poverty, put in everything she had to live on.”
Luke 21:1-4,
NET

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Ouch. Right in the ol' Solar plex.

Anonymous said...

It's practicing generosity and demonstrating where our hearts are. Hers is a story that never ceases to challenge, regardless of its simplicity.