05 May 2007

The Sound of Silence

Let me splain why I went Paul Simon on you guys this week. Tuesday night, we rushed my dad to the hospital. He's had Crohns disease for 35 years, and it's being crawling up from its underground hole the past year and a half again. Tuesday night, bacteria from his intestines (TMI, I know) leaked into his blood stream from one of his many fistulas, and he went into sceptic shock. He's been in the ICU. Today, they're moving him into a regular room. Progress! I haven't had computer access and dare not open my blog reader today before heading back to the hospital. I'm sure it's scary full at the least. I'll be back to normalcy hopefully around Tuesday.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Wow Heather. I'll be praying for your Dad; and your mom; and you and your sibs.
Is he in town near you, or out here my way?

Anonymous said...

Gee, Erin channeled what I was thinkin' when I popped over here to comment...so, ditto her.

Thanks for filling us in on why YOU haven't been illuminated lately...:/.

Jeanne Damoff said...

I will pray, too, Heather. Scary. I'm glad he's making progress.

Anonymous said...

That's no excuse for not blogging! You know I'm kidding. I'm sending healing thoughts your dad's way. I'll send some for you too to help you deal with the situation.

Claudia said...

along with everyone else, sending healing thoughts to your dad and you too!

Elaina M. Avalos said...

Still praying, H. I'm glad that he's been moved out of the ICU.

~michelle pendergrass said...

Still praying. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying, too, Heather.